GRDP growth rate (2020): 2.79%
Scale of gross domestic product (GRDP 2020): 123,575 trillion VND, equivalent to $5.3 billion
GRDP per capita: 105.5 million VND/person/year (in 2020)
Economic structure (in 2020):
Industry – Construction: 45.52%
Trade – Service: 22.60%
Agriculture, forestry and fishery: 6.11%
Product tax accounted for 25.77%
Domestic direct investment (DDI): up to the end of May 2021
Number of projects: 808
Total registered investment capital: VND 97,920.2 billion
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): up to the end of May 2021
Number of projects: 415
Total registered investment capital: $6.2 billion
Provincial Competitiveness Index (PCI): In 2020: Score 63.84; Ranked 29/63; Pretty executive team.
The labor force aged 15 and over in 2020 consisted of 634,474 people, of which the male force accounted for 49.64% and the female one reached 50.36%. The rate of trained workers was 74.2%.
Percentage of trained laborers aged from 15 curently working (on July 1st) (with degrees and certificates prescribed by the National Education System) in 2020 reached 28,6%.
Education and training:
General education: In 2020, the province had 323 general schools, 10,207 teachers and 237,080 students.
Vocational education: In 2020, there were 36 vocational training establishments in the province. Particularly, there are 07 colleges, 03 intermediate schools, 20 vocational education centers and 06 other establishments. The total number of teachers and lecturers of vocational training institutions were 1,966 people.
The training scale in the vocational education system in 2020 reached 44,418 people; the number of pupils and students studying at colleges and intermediate schools was 32,234, accounting for 72.57%. In 2020, Vinh Phuc had more than 23,000 graduate students, including about 14,000 ones from colleges and nearly 9,000 ones from vocational education centers and others.
Colleges and Universities: In the academic year 2020-2021, there are 03 universities with 906 lecturers. The total number of pupils is 22,897. In 2020, there were 4,251 graduates.
As of December 31, 2020, there have been 478 medical examination and treatment establishments in Vinh Phuc, of which 164 ones are managed by the State (accounting for 34.31%) and the others belong to private management.
Number of doctors per 10,000 people: 13.8; Number of hospital beds 10,000 people: 40.
Culture and Tourism:
Vinh Phuc is the cradle of the ancient Vietnamese with the famous Dong Dau archaeological site. There are eight main ethnic groups in the province, of which the Kinh accounts for over 95%; the ethnic minorities covers 5% including San Diu, San Chay, Tay, Nung Dao and some others.
There are a number of well-known tourist sites and scenic spots. In 2015, Tay Thien (in Tam Dao district) and Binh Son tower (in Song Lo district) were recognized by the Vietnamese Government as special national relics. .
Tam Dao resort covers an average altitude of nearly 1,000m above sea level (the highest peak is 1,542m), surrounded by primary forests with rare and precious animals and plants. Two 18-hole golf courses in Tam Dao and one 36-hole golf course in Dai Lai have been chosen by Vietnam Golf Association to organize national and international golf tournaments. Eco-tourism in large lakes and lagoons includes Van Truc, Xa Huong, Dai Lai, Dam Vac. Besides, Vinh Phuc also has Tay Thien Festival and some traditional craft villages such as Huong Canh pottery village, Ly Nhan forging village, Bich Chu carpentry village, Tho Tang trading village.
SOCIAL-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT TARGETS TO 2025
Vinh Phuc would be a developed industrial province, one of the centers of industry, service and tourism in the region and even the whole country.
– The average GRDP growth would reach 8.5 – 9.0%/year; the agriculture, forestry and fishery: 1.5 – 2.0%/year; industry – construction: 11.5 – 12%/year; service: 8 – 8.5%/year.
– Economic structure: Agriculture – forestry – fishery: 6.5%; Industry – construction: 62%; Service: 32.5%.
– GRDP per capita: 135 million VND, equivalent to 5,800 USD.
– Total social investment capital compared to annual GRDP: 35%.
– State budget revenue compared to annual GRDP: 27%.
– New attraction: $1.2 billion of registered capital from FDI projects and 15 trillion VND of registered capital from DDI projects.
– The rate of trained workers would be 82%, of which the certified ones would reach 40%.
– The average poverty rate would decrease 1% per year.
– 100% of 5-year-old children would go to kindergarten, 95.5% of children going to grade 01 at the right age.
– 65-70% of students would go to high school; 30-35% participating in cultural and vocational training institutions.