GRDP growth rate: The average growth rate of 19 years (1997-2019): 14.66% / year
Scale of Gross Domestic Product (GRDP 2019): VND 118,398 trillion, equivalent to about USD 5.05 billion
GRDP per capita: reaching VND 102.5 million / person / year (in 2019)
Economic structure (2019):
Industry – Construction: 62.41%
Trade – Services: 30.22%
Agriculture, forestry and fishery (%): 7.37%
Import-export turnover in 2019 (total value):
Export: 2.56 billion USD
Import: 2.95 billion USD
Domestic Direct Investment (DDI): as of December 31, 2019
Number of projects: 758 projects
Total registered investment capital: VND 91,060.7 billion
Foreign Direct Investment: as of December 31, 2019
Number of projects: 387 projects
Total registered investment capital: reaching 5,489 billion USD
Provincial Competitiveness Index (PCI): 2018: Score 64.55; rated 13/63; Very good operating group.
The labor force aged 15 and over in the whole province will be 640,550 people in 2019. In which, men are 311,700 people (48.66%), women are 328,850 people (51.34%). The proportion of trained workers reached 74.2% in 2019 .
The percentage of employees aged 15 and over working (as of July 1) in the trained economy (with diplomas and certificates as prescribed by the National Education System) in 2019 is 25. 1%.
Education and training:
High school education: In 2019, there are 328 high schools in the province, with 6,286 classes, 9,958 teachers, 226,771 students. Including 30,442 high school students, the graduation rate 97.28%.
Vocationnal education: In 2019, the vocational training system in the province has 69 teachers with 13,957 students, the number of graduates is 5,132.
Colleges and Universities: In 2019, the College and University training system in the province has 1,280 teachers, 38,300 students, the number of graduates is 8,224 students.
By the end of 2019. The province has 26 hospitals, regional polyclinics, and sanatoriums with 4,158 beds; 135 commune health stations and 04 health stations of enterprises with 1,370 beds.
Human resources in the health sector include 4,949 people. In which doctors and up to 1,733 people; 374 pharmacists; 3,286 people are doctors, nurses, midwives and technicians.
Number of doctors per ten thousand people: 15.01 people; Number of beds per ten thousand people: 36.01 beds.
Vinh Phuc is a locality with a long-standing culture and a cradle of ancient Vietnamese people with famous Dong Dau archaeological site. There are 8 main ethnic groups in the province, the Kinh ethnic group accounting for over 95%, the ethnic minorities such as San Diu, San Chay, Tay and Nung ethnic groups; Dao ethnic group and some other ethnic minorities account for nearly 5%.
Vinh Phuc province has many famous tourist sites and landscapes. In 2015, Tay Thien historical relics and landscapes (belonging to Tam Dao district) and Binh Son Tower architectural and artistic monuments (Song Lo district) were recognized as special national relics by the Government of Vietnam. .
Tourist areas such as: Tam Dao Resort with an average altitude of nearly 1,000m above sea level (the highest peak of 1,542m), surrounded by primeval forests with many rare and precious plants and animals; two golf courses with 18-hole in Vinh Yen and Tam Dao and 36-hole golf course in Dai Lai have been organized by Vietnam Golf Association to play many national and international golf tournaments; Ecotourism in areas of large lakes and lagoons such as Van Truc, Xa Huong, Dai Lai and Dam Vac; Tay Thien Festival Cultural Center; Traditional craft villages: Huong Canh pottery village, Ly Nhan forging village, Bich Chu carpentry village, Tho Tang trade village.
SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES BY 2020
By 2020, Vinh Phuc will become an industrial province, one of the centers of industry, service and tourism of the region and the whole country; markedly improve people’s living standards; environment is sustainably protected; firmly ensuring national defense and security; towards becoming Vinh Phuc City in the 20s of the XXI century.
– The average growth rate of GRDP (comparative price in 2010) will reach 7.0-7.5% per year, of which agriculture, forestry and fishery will increase 3.5-4.0% per year; industry – construction increase on average 7.0-7.5% per year and service industry increase 10.5-11.0% per year; Product tax is about 3% per year.
– Economic structure by 2020: Agriculture – forestry – fishery 7.1%; Industry – construction: 61.5%; Services: 31.4%.
– GRDP scale by 2020 at current prices is about 1.5-2 times higher than 2015.
– GRDP per capita (according to the HH price) is about 110 million VND, equivalent to about 4,800 – 5,000 USD.
– Annual social investment accounts for about 25-30% of GRDP (at current prices).
– The ratio of state budget revenue to the total provincial product (GRDP at annual prices) will reach 22-23% of GRDP so that by 2020 the state budget revenue will be around VND 26,500-27,000 billion.
– Export turnover by 2020 reaches 3- 3.5 billion USD.
– New investment attraction: USD 1.3-1.5 billion of registered capital from FDI projects and VND 14-15 trillion of registered capital from DDI projects.
– The percentage of trained workers will reach about 76%, of which trained laborers with certificates reach 30-35%.
– The average poverty rate will decrease by 1-1.5% per year according to the new standard for the period 2016-2020.
– Mobilizing 95% of children aged 3-5 to go to kindergarten, 100% of children aged 6 to go to grade 1; maintain and improve the quality of primary education universalization at the right age level 2; maintain and improve the quality of secondary education universalization.
– Splitting students after junior high school: 65-70% into high school; 30-35% go to college of education and vocational training.
– 100% of schools reach national standards: pre-schools and primary schools before 2018; secondary and high school levels before 2020.